We encourage South Carolinians throughout the state to open their faith group doors to the public for their own interfaith event during the month of January. We only ask that you:
- State that you are celebrating S.C. Interfaith Harmony Month.
- Welcome any who would like to visit your event or service, and refrain from recruiting or proselytizing visitors.
- Add our web address to any printed materials you may use: www.interfaithpartnersofsc.org
Here are a few examples of successful events held over the years:
- Panel discussion of how different faiths view an idea like compassion or mercy.
- Group folk dances using music, songs and dances from around the world.
- Sikh gurdwara (temple) service with powerpoint translated lyrics followed by Indian meal.
- Showing of a special film, like The Sultan and the Saint, or The Gate: The Life of the Bab, or Selma.
- Shared prayers and food in various synagogues, mosques and congregations.
- Open ceremony with local Neopagans.
- Hindu dancers.
- Educational presentation by various faith leaders.
- Singalong, shared meal or drop-in.
- Youth group service project.
- Musical performance.
Submit your event information before December 24th
This form is currently closed for submissions.