We encourage South Carolinians throughout the state to host their own virtual interfaith event during the month of January 2021. We ask that you:
- State that you are celebrating SC Interfaith Harmony Month in partnership with Interfaith Partners of SC.
- Welcome any who would like to participate in your event or service, and refrain from recruiting or proselytizing visitors.
- Add the following to any printed or digital materials:
In celebration of SC Interfaith Harmony Month in partnership with Interfaith Partners of SC: www.interfaithpartnersofsc.org
Here are a few examples of virtual interfaith events:
- Panel discussion of how different faiths view an idea like compassion or mercy.
- Showing of a special film, like The Sultan and the Saint, or The Gate: The Life of the Bab, or Selma.
- Shared prayers in virtual services with synagogues, mosques and congregations.
- Educational presentation by various faith leaders.
- Singalong or musical performance.
- Virtual tour of spiritual space.
- Sharing symbols from your faith tradition followed by Q&A.
- Online interfaith trivia.
Submit your event information by December 22, 2020 at https://forms.gle/Cs1D4Y2en1ZozXUC9.
Once your submission has been approved, it will be added to our statewide calendar of Interfaith Harmony Month events. We reserve the right to exclude events that do not align with the mission and vision of Interfaith Partners of SC, which can be found at https://interfaithpartnersofsc.org/about/mission.
On behalf of IPSC, thank you for participating in Interfaith Harmony Month. Should you have any questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to contact me.
L’Shalom / Toward Peace,
Cheryl Nail, Chair